Tax Credits Renewal
The deadline for renewal is 31 July 2012. If you don’t renew your claim, your payments will stop and you may be asked to repay any overpayment.
If you have received an Annual Declaration form with an Annual Review notice, you need to renew your Tax Credit claim. This can be done by either:
- Completing the Annual Declaration form and posting it to HM Revenue & Customs in the envelope provided ensuring that you have left enough time for the form to arrive by the 31 July 2012; or
- By phoning the Tax Credit Office – 0845 300 3900
However, if you have only been sent an Annual Review notice your claim will be automatically renewed, unless your personal circumstances have changed.
You should follow the instructions on your Annual Declaration form to confirm your claim for last year even if your circumstances have changed and you are no longer eligible to receive Tax Credits for the current year.
Tax Credit Renewal Tips
- If you don’t get your pack by 30 June 2012, contact the Tax Credit Helpline – 0845 300 3900
- Check all the information in the renewal pack, making sure all the changes you may have reported last year are included. If any of the details are not right contact the Tax Credit Office;
- Report any changes – including bank details – by calling the Tax Credit Helpline; and
- If you have to contact the helpline you will need to have the following:
- Your National Insurance Number;
- Your password, if applicable;
- Details of any new changes in circumstance, if applicable e.g. marriage, change of hours of work, new baby etc.
- The amount of your household’s total income for the period 6 April 2011 to 5 April 2012.
The Tax Credit helpline is open 8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday and Saturday 8.00 am to 4.00pm.
If you like further information please contact one of our offices or e-mail us at email@example.com.