Trainee Chartered Accountant
The role will be divided between the Accounts & Tax compliance, dealing with accounts preparation, working directly for the taxation specialists and liaising with clients on an on-going basis.
£14 – 16K + Tuition costs, study leave as recommended by CAI
M.B.McGrady & Co are seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking graduate to join their Belfast Accounts & Tax team as a Trainee Chartered Accountant commencing with a training contract starting in September 2018.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate personal characteristics which would include a positive & progressive attitude, IT capability, multitasking, attention to detail and working to fixed deadlines.
About Us and your training
M.B.McGrady & Co has been operating for over 60 years and has emerged as one of the largest and most respected independent practices in Northern Ireland. We have a specialist team of Qualified Accountants and Tax Specialists.
With our previous training experience, you will greatly benefit from our one to one personal, on-the-job training, with on-going support throughout your training contract, as you study for your CAI exams
Your role will include accounts preparation and tax compliance and liaising with clients on an on-going basis.
Candidates must possess:
- Anticipated 2:2 degree or better in a relevant discipline
- Minimum Grade B in GCSE Maths & English
- Strong analytic and numerical skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel (Knowledge of accounting software would be beneficial also)
- Team working skills
- An eye for detail
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to progress within the field of Accountancy
Please forward your CV to Claire.email@example.com
Closing Deadline: 5pm on 7th September 2018.
Book-Keeper & Accounts Assistant
- £15,000 – £17,000
- Permanent full-time
- Excellent opportunity to be trained as a Book-Keeper in a professional environment using the latest cloud accounting technology. A strong understanding of computerised book-keeping will be developed while working in this expanding service area of the firm.
The duties will include:
- Maintenance of online accounting system
- Importing electronic data for accounting system entry
- Routine quarterly reporting to clients
- VAT returns.
- Bank transactions Reconciliation and allocation to invoice
- Processing sales invoices & liaising with client.
- Accounts receivable and Accounts payable reports for clients
- Assistance with internal client year end procedures
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Proficiency using technology;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a team member;
- Ability to meet deadlines and commitments;
- Professional experience is desirable but not required.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent including a Grade C or above in English & Maths.
- Candidates with a desire to complete Accounting Technicians Qualification will be considered
Please forward your CV to Elaine.Holland@mbmcgrady.co.uk
Closing date: 7th September 2018
M.B.McGrady & Co, a long established accountancy practice require a Receptionist/Admin Assistant for our brand new relocated office based on the Lisburn Road, Belfast. A fantastic opportunity to join a growing team. £17-£20k
You will support a team of experienced professionals and be the main point of contact for all client calls. As the receptionist you will manage all incoming calls to the office in a friendly and professional manner ensuring calls are answered promptly and initial query is managed accordingly. The role will be to provide a high level of customer service to our clients, deal with general enquiries, assist in the day to day functioning of a busy practice office and help manage all business relating to reception.
- Create documents, presentations and spreadsheets using MS Office
- Greet visitors and ensure they are welcomed
- Related administrative tasks
- Support mailing and copying for professional colleagues
- Coordinate and schedule internal and external meetings
- Organising refreshment requirements for meetings
- Screen and respond to/direct incoming phone calls, emails and inquiries in a professional manner
The Ideal Person:
- At least one years’ experience in a front of house administrative role
- Must possess excellent telephone manner and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strong organisational skills, attention to detail and customer service orientation
- Ability to use emails and confident in the use of IT
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English grades A-C
Please forward C.V to Conaill.McGrady@mbmcgrady.co.uk
Closing date for the receipt of application is Friday 14th September 2018 at 5.00pm.